With the End of October and Halloween in Boquete the holiday season comes marching in. If this is your first year in Panama get ready for the party.Nothing much gets done in November and December except parades, fiestas and celebrations of all types.
If you live in Bajo Boquete and do not enjoy long days and nights of music, better find the ear plugs soon. If you like a party you are in the right place.
Do NOT complain about the music, these celebrations are very much the culture of Panama.
If you enjoy a parade,these are the DATES
November 3, November 4, and the REALLY big one – November 28, rain or shine.
Here are the official HOLIDAY DATES for the season-
- November 1 – Children’s Day
- November 2 -All Souls’ Day ( No Alcohol sales)
- November 3 – Anniversary of Separation from Colombia (Parade)
- November 4 – Flag Day ( Parade)
- November 5 - Colon Day
- November 10 – Anniversary of the First Call for Independence from Spain ( Parade)
- November 28 – Anniversary of Independence from Spain (REALLY BIG parade!)
- December 8 – Mother’s Day, Major holiday in Panama!!
- December 24 – Christmas Eve
- December 25 – Christmas Day
- December 31- New Year’s Eve
GO FOR IT! ENJOY YOURSELVES!!